Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Windsor, the castle that still is!


John Freeman, The Royal Collection © 2006, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

I took the liberty to rip the above picture from here. It's probably the most elegant and by far the biggest royal residence in Europe. This over thousand year old fotress turned castle serves as the weekend home for the Queen & her loved ones. You can read more about Windsor here in Wikipedia, hence i dont need to cut & paste. My trip to Windsor was by luck of a misfortune. My flight from London to Gotteburg was cancelled due to the SAS strike. As a result, my only available option was to take a late evening LH flight via Frankfurt, giving me a good 8 hours of bumming around at my sisters place. As it was just 10 minutes drive away, she dropped me off one cold & rainy morning for my experiance of a lifetime. Here's some pics to share.





Okay, i wasnt flying around in a Heli to get this picture, this one is Courtesy of Wikipedia. I also owe an appology to my camera as i was constantly cursing its poor colour and over exposure. I later found out in Rome that i had set the ISO to 400 and happily shooting away in broad daylight. How goblok of me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home