Friday, August 17, 2007

SQ vs. MH

Customer care agents are pretty much the main interface between a consumer related business and the consumer himself/herself. I had a first hand account of this nature recently in my communications with Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Air.

On both occasions, I had sent out an email to enquire about the frequent flyer programs. See for your self the standard of response from both airlines and you will know why MAS hasnt got what it takes to potray a professional image on the ground. I must however say that on air, i'm still favourable to our Malaysian girls over the Singapore girl.

A) Malaysia Airlines
From: Enrich [mailto:enrich@mas.com.my]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 11:22 AM
To: Gokula Krishnan Subramaniam (CJ/ESM)
Subject: Re: PTA claims for Points

Dear Mr Gokula

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to advise that the refund amount cannot be converted to Enrich miles. The refund value of any ticket will be returned to the sponsor of the ticket.

We are sorry.

Kind Regards.
R Thangamalar

----- Original Message -----
From: Gokula Krishnan Subramaniam (CJ/ESM)
To: enrich@mas.com.my
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:27 PM
Subject: PTA claims for Points

Dear Enrich,
I'm an Enrich member, MH012443502. In one of my previous travels, I cancelled part of my itenary. As a result, MAS provided me with a PTA (Travel Refund Voucher) on 2nd Sept 2006 for approx Rm2900. As I constantly fly on business needs, I find it impossible to use these ammount for a personal travel award.
Can I convert the PTA ammount of RM2900 into Enrich Points?
Alternative, do you know if I can choose to refund the ammount in CASH?

Thank you,

Gokula Krishnan Subramaniam
Solution Architect - Competence Area Service Layer
Global Services Delivery Center (Malaysia) ERICSSON L
"Excellence is not a destination; it is a continuous journey that never ends."
B) Singapore Airlines

Our Reference No: Email/ 173407
KrisFlyer Membership Number : 8091021119

Dear Mr Subramaniam
Thank you for your feedback to KrisFlyer Membership Services received on 14 August 2007.
With regard to your query, please be advised that transfer of miles from Lufthansa's Miles and More programme into KrisFlyer Programme is subject to the approval of our partner airline. Hence, please forward your request to Lufthansa's Miles and More programme for their assistance.

We seek your kind understanding in this matter.

Mr Subramaniam, thank you once again for taking the time to write to us. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Yours sincerely
Iryani Mohamed Taib
Customer Service Executive

KrisFlyer Membership Services
Hotline: (65) 6789 8188 (Singapore and other countries)
(44) 207 531 2041 (Europe)
(61) 2 9350 0203 (South West Pacific)
Facsimile: (65) 6789 8777

Singapore Airlines Limited, Co Regn No:197200078R

The quality of response speaks for itself, SIA 10, MAS 0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home